Feel comfortable with online tools, and don’t want the step-by-step version? The Quick Start Guide takes you on a no-nonsense tour of the basics.
If you want more hand-holding (and we don’t blame you!), skip this guide and tackle the other sections to create the most awesome site on the internet.
Get started: register, pick a plan, and proceed with world domination.
- Register: Go to WordPress.com and create a username and password.
Why do I need a WordPress.com account?
Many of Jetpack’s core features make use of the WordPress.com cloud. In order to make sure everything works correctly, Jetpack requires you to connect a (free) WordPress.com account. If you don’t already have an account you can easily create one during the connection process.
- Register a domain: get your own custom Myaddress.com URL.
- Get hosting: choose from one of our recommendations, or choose your own. Jetpack follows the WordPress host requirements.
- Pick a plan: Choose between Free, Personal, Premium, and Professional. (What’s the difference between the plans?)
- Prepare to fly: connect Jetpack!
Get started: learn your way around Jetpack.
Now you’ve grazed the surface, why not dip into our in-depth guides in the following sections, starting with Get Started?